There are websites about nearly everything imaginable, but that doesn’t mean that they are all good.
At Fizzle, we believe that anyone that puts in the right amount of focused effort can build an audience online, even if it is about an obscure topic.
Don’t know what topic to start your blog on? Here are 81 blog topic ideas to get you thinking about what you could focus (or re-focus) your site on.
(Some of the most creative ideas people came up with are in bold.)
- Self improvement/Self-Hypnosis
- Health & Fitness for Busy People
- Language Learning Blogs
- How to Travel on a Budget (Best hotel deals. Car rental. Trip advice.)
- DIY Projects, DIY Business and Selling Homemade Items
- How to have a Strong Marriage
- How to be a real and true friend
- How to Train for a Triathlon
- Careers vs job: following your passion
- Getting VMWare Certified
- Getting Microsoft Certified
- Self-sustaining lifestyle (grow your own food/ use solar power etc)
- Mind strengthening (mind over matter/ lucid dreaming)
- Beyond the basics of personal financial management
- Healthy eating blog
- Home brewing beer
- Self defense training (“for women” or “for children” or “for business executives”)
- Indie Video Game Development
- Video Game tactics shown through video tutorials
- Community gardening/Urban farming
- Starting and running your own social network
- Point and Shoot Photography (How to create incredible photographs with whatever camera you have in your pocket)
- Blog & Website Design for Non Designers (How to make your blog look incredible without spending a fortune)
- The Art of Getting What You Want (How to use confidence and technique to get what you want from life, your relationships and your career)
- Make Good Video for the Web (How to leverage the video medium to take your brand, blog, website, or business to the next level)
- Self-Employment (The logistics behind how to start working for yourself (i.e. How to leave your job, find health insurance, set up an LLC, etc.)
- How to write an e-bestseller (How could we document the process of creating an Amazon Kindle (or other electronic format) bestseller.)
- Rapid Language Learning
- How to become a better writer
- How to lose weight and feel awesome (Even at middle age! The Primal/Paleo way)
- Vegan diet
- Cycling. More specifically, urban commuting.
- Apartment living (this could range from renter issues to decor, etc.)
- Interior design blog
- Eating organic on a tight budget
- Health conscious, High mileage, Minimalist traveling
- How to Become a Famous Rock-star
- Sports Photography
- Life skills/life coaching for high school students
- College planning for homeschoolers
- Speaking in Public (How to overcome the fear to the audience; minimalistic approach to presentations, etc.)
- A Family related site (Topics centered mostly on improving the relationship between family members; how to increase the creativity of kids and specially parents; how to help kids to find their passion and inner peace.)
- Alternative Running Events (Mudruns, Tough Mudder, Spartan Race, Warrior Dash, etc.)
- Learning the Ukulele
- Learn How to Play Guitar
- How to Get What You Want Without Breaking the Law or Burning Bridges
- Becoming a wine connoisseur
- Build a boat and cross the Pacific in it
- Getting good at tennis and qualifying for Wimbledon
- Regular Surfing
- How mobile applications that can improve one’s work productivity, relationships with friends and family, and overall quality of life.
- Simpler Living (a blog that will explore and map a journey from a miserable 6 figure a year traditional way of living back to an often forgotten way of life.)
- The best “places” around the world & do they live up to the hype?
- How to do travel photography/videography
- The Great Recession (A blog based upon a sustainable lifestyle with a smaller footprint.)
- Building an iPhone application
- The end of the world and the Maya prophecies for December 21st, 2012
- Car maintenance
- Running a Small Agile Business (a la 37 Signals)
- A “Good Cause” Site (Telling the Stories of Successful Non-Profits & Charities)
- The world of virtual conferences
- QR codes. How to best use them in small business Marketing.
- Inspire Bootstrappers (A blog to inspire bootstrappers by posting real bootstrapper success stories.)
Now its your turn.
We’d love to hear any ideas you have for a blog you are creating yourself or one you’d love to read. Let us know in the comments below this post.
Starting a blog is actually easy. Thousands of new blogs are started every day. Anyone can start a blog in 5 minutes, but very few people will create blogs that matter.