The social web is a game changer.
It’s not a fad but an evolving ecosystem of web technologies that allow any individual to publish, promote and engage with a global audience. The real power of this is that it has put the tools in your hands should you choose to use them. No longer do you have to pay the mass media gatekeepers to be published or to gain attention.
Passionate and creative individuals that understand how this works can go from zero to hero. One great example is Bethany Mota who started a fashion oriented YouTube channel for fun (also read passion) in 2009 when she was just 14! In 2014 her videos have over 209 million views and she is estimated to earn over $40, 000 per month or nearly half a million dollars per year from YouTube.
Bethany is just one of many who have used the social web to make a difference to their lives and inspire and influence others.
Build your online platform
It doesn’t have to be YouTube.
Build your own online platform such as a blog or website that you own, then amplify your content and engage with your audience on social networks. Use LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter or even Pinterest and Instagram. You have options. Find what social network resonates with you.
The secret. Don’t wait to be perfect. Just start.
- Be authentic
- Launch your platform online with a blog or website
- Create content
- Define your audience
- Build an email list
- Memorable design
- Help others
- Seek out online influencers
- Join online groups
- Use keywords and phrases that people will use on Google to find you and your topic
- Learn to use Linkedin effectively
- Get to understand how media works both online and offline
- Opine – State your opinion
- Photo – create a visual brand with a great caricature or photo of “you”
- Ask questions
- Recognise people who have helped you – Shine the light on others
- Create a memorable slogan that expresses your mission and purpose
- Understand and use emotional triggers
- Develop your unique voice
- Get to understand the essence of influence. Dale Carnegie’s book “How to Win Friends and Influence People” is a good place to start.
- Examine and analyze your analytics to see what works and doesn’t
- Forget about you and remember its all about your readers and viewers
- Have zeal (also known as passion)
In the infographic below are some more details on the steps to creating online success.
Want to start your blog today?
Bluehost Web Hosting to receive a 50% discount off the monthly price and a free domain name.
Learn how to make your blog a roaring success
My bookwill show you how.
I show you how to create and build a blog that rocks and grow tribes, fans and followers on social networks such as Twitter and Facebook. It also includes dozens of tips to create contagious content that begs to be shared and tempts people to link to your website and blog.